MONTY GLUTINOUS RICE FLOUR 2X500G
Monty Glutinous Rice Flour 500g x2
Monty Glutinous Rice Flour 500g x2
Delivered within 2 business days
Value Pack. Glutinous Rice Flour is an essential ingredient in the making of many delicious Asian s ...read more
More about this itemValue Pack. Glutinous Rice Flour is an essential ingredient in the making of many delicious Asian sweets and desserts.
Ingredients & Nutrition facts
Glutinous Rice Flour.
How to use
cooking GuidelinesKhanom Tom Daeng: 1 cup glutinous rice flour, 1 cup fresh coconut, grated, 1/2 cup palm sugar, 1/2 cup water, 2 drops jasmine extract. 1.Caramelize 1/2cup of water and palm sugar in a nonreactive pan over high heat. 2. Add grated coconut and one drop of jasmine extract and simmer until mixture reached the thickened syrup stage. Set aside. 3. Knead the glutinous flour with the remaining water & a drop of Jasmin extract until the flour mixture becomes a soft dough. 4. Pinch off the dough to form 1" ball. Roll out and flatten out each piece of dough until it looks like a medal. 5. Boil some water in a pot. 6. Add the flattened dough into the pot and let it continue boiling. When cooked, the dough will float to the top. Remove with a slotted spoon & drain well. Roll the cooked dough in the coconut & syrup mixture. Serve immediately.
Bua Loy Nam Khing (Sesame-Filled Dumplings in Ginger Tea)
1 cup water
100g Ground Black Sesame Seeds
100g Brown Sugar
For Dumpling Skin:
500g Glutinous Rice Flour
400ml warm water
1. To make the filling, bring 1 cup of water to boil. Add in Ground Black Sesame Seeds and Brown Sugar. Cook slowly until the mixture is blended well, then set aside to cool.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix the Glutinous rice flour and warm water, knead gently until a smooth and moist dough is formed.
3. Shape dough into 1'' balls. Roll out and flatten each piece of dough. Place a small teaspoon of the filling into the centre of each flattened piece of dough.
4. Fold up the dough to entirely cover the filling and press the sides tightly together. Roll the dough until a small ball is formed.
5. In a pot, boil some water. Put the dumplings into the boiling water. When cooked, the dumplings will float to the top. Remove with a slotted spoon.
6. Serve the dumplings hot in Instant Ginger Herbal Tea.
Ingredients: For Cake:
1 1/2 Cups Glutinous Rice Flour
1/2 Cup Mung Beans, Skinned, washed, soaked overnight and steamed.
1/3 tsp Salt
1 1/3 Cup Coconut oil
1 drop Pandanus extract.
For Coconut coating:
1 1/2 cup Shredded Coconut, steamed.
1/4th cup White Sesame seeds, roasted and coarsely pounded
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
1. For the coating, combine Sugar, Salt, Sesame Seeds, mix well and set aside.
2. Mix the steamed Mung Beans with salt and set aside.
3. Steam the Shredded coconut for 10 minutes, set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, gently knead the Glutinous Rice Flour with Coconut milk and a drop of the Pandanus extract together until soft and smooth. Shape into 1'' inch ball, then press to flatten the dough. Place the filling (Steamed Mung Beans) into the centre of each flattened dough. Fold dough over and press the edges together to enclose filling. Arrange in a steamer lined with Banana leaf. Steam for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Toss in steamed Coconut to coat evenly.
Arrange the steamed cakes on a serving plate and sprinkle generously with Sesame Seed mixture.
Leave your review
Disclaimer:The products details, information, ingredients, nutritional guides and dietary/allergy may change continually thus we recommend reading the products label. Majid Al Futtaim Hypermarkets LLC does not warrant the accuracy of the information in this website and is not responsible for any damages arising therefrom.